To provide quality wheat flour to the people of AJ&K in time and at affordable price.
To ensure modern and efficient food distribution system which can contribute towards food security and nutrition in term of availability, access, utilization and stability.
The AJ&K Food Department was initially established in 1949, its first head quarters was at Murree. The Department was named as Civil Supply and Transport of Azad Jammu and Kashmir and Northern Areas. The responsibility of this department was to purchase and distribute commodities on subsidized rates in AJ&K and Northern Areas. Ministry of Kashmir Affairs was controlling authority. In 1976 the AJ&K Food Department was separated from Northern Areas and was established as independent department under the AJ&K Government. At beginning the Food Department was also providing Sugar, Salt, oil and other commodities. With the passage of time when Private market start to flourish and be able to caters the need of the people of AJ&K the Food Department reduced himself to only wheat and wheat Flour.